The Dentist
I was so pleased to be thoroughly reminded of my former dentist (eight years as a patient, three more as an employee) and his practice. From the phone call setting up the appointment to the final check-out, there were similarities that I found to be comforting. Even the decor reminded me of Dr. Harrison's office. The staff was waiting for me when I arrived, I was seen as soon as I completed the paperwork, and the exam was full and comprehensive, just as Dr. H. would have done. The only difference was that the dentist planned amalgam fillings for me, when I know Dr. H. would have done white composites. When I worked for Dr. H. I learned that the white composite fillings are better--they have no mercury, they are as strong or stronger than the amalgam, and they bond to the tooth enamel, allowing less healthy tooth to be removed during the replacement procedure. I asked the desk clerk about the possibility of doing composites instead, and she told me most military patients want the silver amalgam because they are less expensive. I know that is true, and that the insurance only pays what they would have paid for silver fillings, but I still want the better filling. The doctor had already left the office for lunch, so I will find out at my cleaning appointment.
Oh, and I need to call the base clinic to request another antibiotic prescription. Sigh.

1 Comments:
Which reminds me, I need to see the dentist...
Hope you can get your white ones :)
x
Post a Comment
<< Home