Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunday...

Tom wanted to get some hardwoods for his Christmas projects, so after Mass we drove to the Woodcraft Store in Charleston. I knew Tom would be a while, so I walked over to Tuesday Morning and looked around while he shopped. I saw the cutest little sunsuit and hat in pink. Of course I thought of Lily, but it was a newborn size and there weren't any larger ones...so I didn't buy anything. I went back to the wood store, and Tom was just finishing 'looking around' and choosing the wood he planned to purchase. He made his choices, presented the discount card they had sent him for his birthday, and paid. We loaded the car and headed home. We stopped twice along the way -- at a Pawn Shop and an Outlet Center. I was disappointed in both. The Pawn Shop prices were outrageous, with no guarantee once you leave the store. Seriously, you would have to be a jeweller yourself to know if the rings they offered were worth thousands of dollars. The Outlet Center was in the process of failing. About half the stores were empty, and many of the others were closed on Sunday. Actually, I appreciate that some merchants close one day a week. The only place of interest was an Antiques and Collectibles place. We did a lot of looking there, but we didn't buy anything.
Once home, Tom vacuumed the pool bottom and refilled it. We got in together for the first time in two weeks. It felt wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home