Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Off to the doctor... *updated*

to discuss the results of the thyroid tests I had done before Easter. The ones I had to call them about, to learn the results. NOW they want to talk to me about it. And people are jealous of the military "free healthcare." Hah!

*update* Seems I am a victim of 'hypothyroidism' and get to start taking synthroid, most likely for the rest of my life. My PCM (Primary Care Manager) says it may help control some of the other symptoms of the condition, like dry skin, weight gain, brittle hair that falls out easily...OK, I'll take the benefits if I have to take the pill.

She also wrote me a prescription for Zyrtec. Seems this state is known for allergens and I am showing classic symptoms. Adding those two to the calcium supplement and vitamin pill, I am a stereotypical woman 'of a certain age.' Beats the alternative, doesn't it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

LOL...are you going to get one of those little pill cases to keep all that stuff organized!? ;-) I thought about getting one when I couldn't remember to take my vitamins when I was pregnant with Lily, but I kept forgetting to pick it up. True story.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Well, I wasn't planning on advertising the pill reminder box, but yes, I got one. It is supposed to hold eight aspirin tablets, but fitting my four pills in is a challenge. Just keeps getting better and better, doesn;t it? Now I have a 'brain-teaser' to help stave off the Alzheimer's...

6:25 PM  
Blogger One Tweet Thing said...

If 4 pills a day make you old, I've aged prematurely..in fact I'm worse then you! Now I'm sad. :(

8:09 AM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Christina,

Hardly old--just over 21, it seems! I have always resisted taking pills for ANYthing--it has been rare for me to take even an aspirin for aches and pains of any kind. Suddenly, I nned some help. I hate it! But that's all I meant. I don't feel 'old' at all - and neither should you!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home