SLT
I started work today on the Little Theater's production of "The Music Man." This is just my contribution--work has been going on for some time. I showed up at the theater at about 10:30, after visiting the Tax Office to handle the exemption for Tom's truck. That effort saved us a few dollars...
Anyway, Ken-the set designer- was the only other person working today. He set me up 'mung-ing' some window flats. I learned today that 'mung' is what you get when you take all the leftover paint and mix it together. Using this to prime your flats gives you a uniform base for all your painting. Once I started the painting I made the mistake of asking about all the paints cans in and around the sink. Yes, they are waiting to be cleaned and if I could do that next it would be very helpful. Ken pointed out that the mess was his fault, results of creating the 'mung,' and he hated to ask anyone to do that kind of work... He didn't really finish his thought, but I got the idea that somebody had to do it and if I was willing he would appreciate it. I did it. I hope I am not setting myself up to be the 'go-to' person for all the grunt work. I understand that it has to be done, but I like the creative aspects of theater, too!
Ken worked the timeframe he indicated in the schedule he sent out, but since I had time, I stayed and munged four flats that he rebuilt today. That should give us a good start for tomorrow, when a family is going to come work. I haven't met them, yet, so it should make for an interesting day. Ken said he was going to go over 'care of painting supplies' with us. Thank goodness! One of my biggest peeves is people leaving all their supplies for someone else to clean up. Kids are the biggest offenders, and it is because they don't know any better; but I have dealt with more than one adult who consistently couldn't stay to help clean up 'as much as they wanted to' or simply walked away and left the mess. So hurray for 'responsibility' instructions!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home