Shopping Day
This year I got to participate in a little tradition with my Mom and sisters. Since Mom doesn't drive anymore, my sisters have been dedicating a day to take her Christmas shopping, so she can shop for our Dad without his being there. They got early, have lunch out, and usually get home by dinnertime. This year, I joined in. They always let Mom chose where they shop, and this year she chose the Westminster Mall. Cathy asked me to pick Mom up at her house, go to Janet's and Cathy would pick us all up and off we'd go. I misjudged traffic at that time of morning, and there was a slowdown on the highway, so I was about half an hour late. But I called so no one was worried about me. Cathy was already at Janet's when we arrived, they met us at the door and we left immediately. We went to the store where Cathy's Becca manages the shoe department. I bought some shoes for the wedding. We all did some shopping, although not all of us bought anything. By 11:00, Janet was hungry so we went to lunch at Raphael's. Dad had sent money with Mom to treat us. Thanks, Dad!
After lunch, we visited "The Gallery" across the street from the restaurant. Interesting stuff, but not much I would actually pay for. Mom and I both bought wedding cards for T.J. and Jodi--almost the exact same card! When I realized Mom had already bought it, I changed mine.
Then we went to Kohl's, where Janet found some of what she was hoping to find, and we all bought several items. So, a good shopping trip and fun seeing my Mom and sisters. Well done!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home