Rob's got a new toy
**Edited to add** This is my brother Rob's new toy--he has been thinking about this for months, and planned for his adventure by taking a rider's instruction and safety course and picked this little beauty up last week. He's going to be having a blast riding this Summer.
The female members of our family are perhaps not as supportive of Rob's choice as he would like us to be. We love him and are a bit worried for his safety--we all cautioned him not to get the bike or at least to ride safely..I told him about my friend Kevin who was killed on his motorcycle last April. I'm not sure he appreciated our concern...I do want him to have fun, I just want him to be safe--so, next time you are on the road, please watch out for the motorcycle riders out there. If you are so inclined, say a little prayer for their safety. One of them could be Rob.

2 Comments:
Hey --
I've known you for almost 39 years and didn't know you rode a motorcycle!
B
Good heavens--39 years!?! Idon't even want to think about it....
Anyway, the bike belongs to my brother. I doubt I will ever even sit on it. The part I added about my friend Kevin is true--he was a Sergeant in the Army Medical Corps, riding for years, and someone made a sudden oncoming left turn in front of him. He died at the hospital. With Kevin in mind, I really do pray for each motorcyclist I see...
Post a Comment
<< Home