Sunday, January 08, 2006

Harry Potter...again!

We just got back from seeing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire again. Tom took me to Columbia see it when it first opened and I loved it. Then he saw that it was going to be at the base theatre and he asked if I wanted to see it again -- he said he'd drop me off and go to his office to do paperwork, but he decided to go to the movie, instead. It was just as good the second time around. I even noticed a thing or two that I hadn't noticed the first time around. Tomorrow, Tom starts working nights for a few days. That leaves me on my own for dinner and bedtime...I don't like it, but it makes me appreciate his presence more, for sure!

Tomorrow will be spent de-Christmasing the house. I love Christmas, but ceaning it up is never the joy that decorating for it can be. This year we are taking a careful look at everything we have because we just combined the stuff from our tour of Europe with the stuff we had in storage, yet some things seem to be missing. We'll find it all and organize it better so we can use everything we love next year.

Have a great week everybody! Got any special plans?

3 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

Wow, you really like that Harry Potter stuff, huh?

10:38 AM  
Blogger One Tweet Thing said...

I thought it was so good myself, but I also had the thought that if you hadn't read the books it would be awfully confusing. But Dave thinks that all the confusing parts would just be skipped over and not thought about by people who hadn't read the books.

What do you think?

(I was so disappointed to not have had time to go see it in IMAX when I was home for Christmas!)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Tell me what makes IMAX special - I've never seen it.

Tom never read the books, and he enjoyed the movies. It is pretty rare for movies to have ALL the detail of the books - can you imagine sitting in a theatre for six or more hours? They'd have to charge more, too.

Some characters are just different than you pictured them, too. The new Dumbledore isn't the merry-eyed, kind, understanding mentor that Richard Harris was...that COULD be because Voldemort is back and life is even more dangerous in the wizarding world.

I really like the Potter characters. I will be sad when I've read the last books...

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home