Wednesday evening
Sweet Pea update: still snug as a bug in a rug. There have been some contractions, but nothing of note.
On another note, Ryan has potentially made a big step tonight. He has been using his pacifiers almost nonstop ever since he was sick, just before I came. Before that, he was down to using them only for bedtimes. He has been hearing about the 'Nuk-y Fairy' who gives pacifiers to little children who need them. The Nuk-y (pronounced 'nookie') Fairy gets the nuk-ys from Big Boys and Girls who no longer need them. The BBs and BGs tie their no-longer-needed pacifiers to a balloon they leave in their room when they go to sleep. While they are sleeping, the Nuk-y Fairy collects the nuk-ys and leaves a present for the generous children who are willing to share them with unfortunate children who have none. Last night, Ryan tied one of his four pacifiers to a balloon for the Nuk-y Fairy. He was so excited! Then when Mom went to make the switch, he woke up! Eventually, he changed his mind about giving up his pacifier and they released it from the balloon. Tonight, however, Ryan decided to tie three of his four Nuk-ys to the balloon! He was so pleased with himself, and very excited. I hope he isn't sorry tomorrow. Even more importantly, I hope we're not sorry tomorrow!
Speaking of tomorrow, it is Ryan's regular gymnastics day and we are going to attempt it again. (Two past attempts have been aborted in the final stages). I loved watching him the one time we went--he was so active and coordinated, for a 2 1/2 year old. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:
Love the Nuk-y Fairy idea. I have read about that one and it's the one I plan to try using for Ben at some point. Probably won't try it until he's Ryan's age though, so he "gets" it a little better. Tying them to balloons is sucha cute touch! I love it!
What is his special present he gets for giving them away?
Jen's original plan wa to give one pacifier to the Fairy at a time, so he would get used to the idea that once they were gone, they were gone. So, Ryan got THREE presents -- one for each Nuk-y he gave away. There was a James engine and tender, coloring book and crayons, and Sesame Street Fun Dough with alphabet letters. He's been having fun with all three gifts.
Post a Comment
<< Home