Thursday, May 04, 2006

Look! Its our very first...

TOMATO!I know it isn't a very good picture, but THAT is our very first cherry tomato of the season. How exciting! ALL the tomato plants have blossoms, but this is the first actual fruit. Hee.

6 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

When you are taking a photo that close try using the macro setting(if your camera has it). The symbol for that setting is probably a flower.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the picture mom you Go Girl!!! I thought you gave up on your blog it has been a while.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. It is late and I have been drinking so it may not be clear to everyone else but it looks good to me.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Thanks for the tip, Jen, I'll try it. I had the setting on 'Portrait' which said it was for close ups. I guess not that close. Also, in the close confines of the garden, I couldn't exactly hold the camera low enough easily.

Thanks for the compliment, T. I haven't givevn up, just haven't been doing many exciting things.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! We can't even plant tomatoes until Mother's Day here, way up North (Hampstead). Our harvest starts in August! I'm So excited about our first tomatoe and then so sick of them by October;)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

We were lucky in that when we moved in, the vegetable garden was ready to harvest. We had fresh tomatoes for our salad all summer and I never tired of it! We still have a salad with dinner most nights. I can't wait for the veggies to ripen!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home