Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lily is teething (we think...)

Poor little Lily is just miserable, and so are the three adults in the house with her. She is screaming in I can only guess what kind of pain and there doesn't seem to be much we can do for her. Mommy has held her, nursed her, given her cool teething rings, rubbed Oragel on her gums, sung to her, played one of her baby musical toys, rocked her, checked for fever, speculated that the little burps she has causes pain...all to little avail. Grandma has cuddled her, sung Goin' to the Chapel (which is usually successful in calming her), swayed, bounced, danced and bopped with her, Daddy has fussed and worried, and offered what help he can, and the poor baby is still crying. She seems to calm then suddenly bursts out in the most pitiful of cries. It is enough to break your heart! If she is teething, I hope not all her teeth cause this much anguish! I guess I was lucky - my kids were easy teethers. One day a tooth would just appear, no hassles, no crying, none of the usual indicators.
All is quiet. Perhaps she is asleep...say a prayer for a good night's sleep for both Mommy and baby. They're going to need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home