Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day Two--The Music Man

Today when I arrived at the theater, I was assigned to 'mung' the sides of some previously prepared flats. As I was preparing to do this, the father and daughter of the family that was to work today arrived, so my job was scrapped and it was decided to thin the 2 gallons of brown paint we had and paint the prepared flats. While I worked at getting the paint ready, the men chatted. The little girl kept asking for something to do, but nothing was ready for her, yet. She decided to help me--and chat while she helped. She is going to see Harry Potter with her dad as an early birthday present, she is almost 10, her birthday is the same day as Harry Potter's, that's how she got interested in the books, when she was two her mother told her that she and Harry shared a birthday and that is when she started reading, she couldn't really read all the words in Harry Potter so her mom and dad took turns reading to her and when it was done she asked for the next book, but it wasn't written, yet, and she was like Awww. .. then she wrote a book, and got it published, hard cover, and she sold it--not in stores or anything, just to her friends.... you get the idea. I think I know this little girl's entire life story, and they were only there for one hour! She and her father painted the faces of four flats, then it was time for them to go. I sort of got the feeling the whole thing was an outing for the little girl! At least he brought her at the beginning of the project and not at the very end.

As for the rest of my day, I finished up painting the brown on the side pieces of the flats, and some other assignments Ken had for me--all prep work, which is where we are right now. Some of the 'chatting' I heard between the two men was Ken explaining that tomorrow we are going to start painting the library bookshelves --- Joan will be showing you what to do.

Huh?

Apparently, he is of the opinion that I can handle that assignment. I didn't tell him differently, but this is going to be an interesting experience! He has a wonderful theater book about scene-painting, and there are actually step-by-step instructions with colors and everything for doing a bookcase. So there you have it. Tomorrow we paint bookcases.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy. He may not have told you are going to be in charge but I think he knows that you will look at the instructions, you know us guys we don't need those things we can figure it out our selves.
Love,
T.J.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home