Sunday, December 06, 2009

Changed plans *updated **Another update ***and again

Originally, Tom and I planned to go to Harrisburg today, to see an Art 'n' Crafts Show there...but things change. Instead, we are sharing the day with our grandchilren. I will explain:

Yesterday, we attended "The Miracle of Christmas" at Sight & Sound in Ronks, PA with Jen, Jay, the kids, and Jay's parents. Jen's family went to lunch in the town beforehand. At intermission, Jay took the kids to the restroom. Then he transferred care of them to Tom and took himself to the restroom. He never came back to our seats, and he didn't appear after the show (which was impressive, by the way) until Jen called him on the cell phone. He was still in the restroom. Jen told him we would wait in our seats. He finally came out, but looked pale even from a distance. He sat down at the top of our row and indicated to Jen that he didn't feel he could walk anymore. He was thinking food poisoning. So Tom and I took the kids to the lobby and entertained them with a trip through the gift shop, looking at the decorations, etc. When Jen called, she said the staff had escorted them out the back of the building and she was going to get their car to pick up Jay. Things were so crowded and confusing that we decided that Tom and I would just bring the kids home with us. Jay still wasn't feeling well when they got home. We wished him well and headed to our house.

This morning in church, Tom's phone vibrated. He left Mass to take the call, then came back and mouthed to me that we had to go. I grabbed our stuff and off we went. Seems Jen and the kids were at the ER with Jay...which meant Jen had to stay in the waiting area with the kids and Jay really wanted her with him. So we took the kids and left Jen at the hospital to care for her husband. That was at 9:45. It is now 3:15 and Jen has no idea when Jay will be able to come home. So we cancelled our plans and instead get to spend the day with our grandchildren.

We have had breakfast (pancakes), added some ornaments to the Christmas tree in the Family Room (and only broken one), did some artwork to include the use of glitter glue, played with Grandpa's cars, started building a puzzle, Ryan played Uno with Grandpa (and beat him several hands), Lily played with a small Nativity set I have, and now they are watching football with Grandpa. I have butter softening in the kitchen in case we decide to make some cookies, too.

I love having the kids here, but I wish it were for a better reason. If you are reading this and would care to say a prayer for Jay's return to good health, I know it would be appreciated. :)


*Jay is being admitted to the hospital. His problem has not yet been identified exactly. They know there is bleeding, believed to be from the colon, but still determining the cause. Could be many things, like colitis, IBS or food poisoning. Prayers still appreciated.

**Jay spent his second night in the hospital last night. He is having more tests this morning and hopes to be released by lunchtime. Fingers crossed!

***Jay came home on Wednesday afternoon, closer to teatime than lunchtime, but he's home and happy to be there. He will get results of his tests at a doctor's appointment this coming Wednesday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Barbara said...

Hi Joan-

I sure am praying for Jay. Please post later and advise how he's doing.

B

3:57 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

I will definitely post Jay's condition as soon as I learn something. Thank you for your prayers--we do believe in their power!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Just read the news, hope all is well? Love the Redgates

5:45 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Jay seems to be getting stronger each day. He returned to work one day last week. It was exhausting at first. He will receive results of all the tests at his doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hopefully it will be something simple, like he ate something disagreeable--and that will be the end of it.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home