Last post June 12, 2012...
Hmmm...so much has happened, yet apparently I didn't find it interesting enough to sit down and record it.
TJ is safely home from Afghanistan, and seems not to be negatively affected by his experiences there. Lola went home to live with them on the day of TJ's Welcome Home party and crab feast. I miss her - but she bleongs with her family. She gets to come stay with us over Labor Day, as TJ and Jodi have plans.
Bella was adopted by Jen and Jay - did I mention that? - Bella is a Rottweiler mix with a very sweet personality. She came to stay with us the day after Lola went home. She only stayed about 5 days, so it was a nice transition to doglessness.
The week after that was Family Vacation at Fenwick Island. Kimberly - who lives in Delaware - took care of Lola for TJ and Jodi. That meant she was closer if there were any problems (last year, they had to go home and come back because of doggie problems.) It was a good week - Tom arrived a day late and went home a day early, but was there the rest of the time. Jen was only there three days, but that worked out ok. I missed the kids when they went home. :(
Tom got in touch via Facebook with someone from our very first duty station at the Air Force Academy. She is divorced from her AF husband and living in Greeley Colorado.
Other friends we met via the military are coming through on their way to visit another friend from military days. They are Canadian, and driving from Toronto. Should be great to see them.
I guess those are the highlights. I'll remember more, I am sure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home