Theatre bullets
- Recently saw Chigago at the Slayton House Theatre in Columbia. Good show, wonderfully produced.
- Tom joined Carolyn and me on Friday seeing Over the River and Through the Woods at Cockpit in Court at Essex Community College. I laughed, I actually cried (rare for me at a live performance). LOVED it.
- Noticed via FB updates that I had two friends attending the Rush concert in Las Vegas. Both are theatre friends, but from different places (Belgium and South Carolina). They don't know each other.
- Wished a happy birthday to a young theatre friend I met in SHAPE--her acknowledgement warmed my heart. Thanks, Hayley!
- Seeing The Secret Garden with MIL and SIL tomorrow.
- Tom asked about volunteering with Cockpit. Seems the rest of their season is covered tech-wise, but they encouraged him to check back about March. He sure would love to find a theatre that will accept his help!

5 Comments:
We did "Over the River..." at SLT years ago and I was Caitlin! Alas, the guy playing the grandson really WAS an ass. I still tell stories about him and fortunately Eric still laughs. Kind of a prima donna and you know those never last long at SLT.
Good luck to Tom on his quest to find a new theater to work with. We sure miss him here in SC!
Gee, I never saw the grandson as an ass--which is a tribute to the actor, I think. He truly was wonderful. And at the end, I felt sorry for Caitlin, left all alone back in Jersey! I'll bet you were a great Caitlin.
Tom has been trying so hard to find a theatre to work with--and he just is not being accepted! They have no idea what they are turning down. He did volunteer for the drama department at his old high school and they were *thrilled* to have him, and looked forward to working with him the following year. Then they suddenly closed the school over the summer! :(
I think I am just thinking about the line when Caitlin tells the guy that he's being an ass to her grandparents. Things were nice in the end, but he acted like a jerk so much of the time. And I'm sure my opinion of the actor in the role colored my thoughts on the whole thing.
All I can say about the theaters is that they are idiots for not bringing Tom on board. You two did so much work for SLT that we will always be grateful for. They really have no idea what they are missing.
Very jealous... have neither time nor money for such outings generally, but Jimbo is taking me to the Kennedy Center for my birthday to see Cate Blanchette in Uncle Vanya. Once a year real theatre treat!
Sounds like the perfect birthday outing for you, Jacque! I hope you enjoy it.
My MIL has purchased a four-play-plan at the local community college theatre for herself, my her other DIL (my SIL) and me. I have enjoyed it. We've seen some wonderful productions. Just saw Hairspray last week. Couldn't have done it while we had little ones at home, though...
Post a Comment
<< Home