Friday, March 04, 2011

"Five Little Ducks"

...was one of the books I read to the preschoolers this month. Turns out, the story is a song. I learned this when Ryan and I were doing 'homework' together. He had homework. I was reading the next day. He looked over my books, and recognized the title. I wasn't familiar with the song, so he sang it for me:

"Five Little Ducks
went out one day,
over the hills and far away.
Mother Duck said, "Quack, quack, quack!"
Only four little ducks came waddling back!
...and so on." said Ryan.

I laughed with delight at that little remark.
He sang in the sweetest little voice, I am not sure I ever realized how nicely he sings. He definitely doesn't get it from me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joan S. said...

I still remember that day. Ryan sang with the sweetest voice -- I teared up. Since then he has sung the solo for "Blackbird" for his 4th grade chorus -- and the tears flowed freely. I was actually shocked at the tears; obviously an emotional moment for Grandma.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home