Friday
I woke up this morning to find TWO happy boys on the main floor of the house. Zach was fixing his breakfast and Ryan was watching The Wiggles. Sadly, Jen had spent the night on the sofa. Knowing that she wouldn't sleep well, she chose not to disturb Jay with her tossing and turning. The antibiotic she picked up around midnight last night helped a little, but she didn't really sleep well. Jay had overslept. That wasn't surprising since he was up late with Jen last night. Jen called him and he got up and headed off to work after confirming that Jen was NOT in labor (Are you in labor or not?). Zach left for school and I got myself ready for my haircut appointment at 10:00. Ryan had an appointment, too, but his two-year-old imp kicked in and we weren't sure he was going to make it. Jen dropped me off at the salon and drove Ryan around for a while. They came into the salon halfway through my haircut and Ryan was in a wonderful mood. How does he DO that? He sat beautifully for his haircut and was very happy to pick out a purple lollipop for being such a good boy. We came home, had lunch -- Ryan ate a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a granola bar and about a third of my bowl of clam chowder with a cup of juice. I think his appetite is back! I was surprised to learn he likes clam chowder. After lunch, I suggested quiet time with Grandma while Mommy took a bath in preparation for her doctor's appointment today, and Ryan asked for a story. He picked out I'm a Big Brother. Good timing, huh? We had read most of the story when Mommy finished her bath and Ryan wanted Mommy to read, too. So Grandma finished I'm a Big Brother and then Ryan had Mommy read it all over again. It was now naptime. Getting him into bed was a little rough, but he is napping now.
Zach arrived home from school after early dismissal. He is happy that he has NO HOMEWORK. He told me about Star Wars I through VI and the fact that they are all movies, but there is also Star Wars VII through IX which are books so you can read about what happened. Well informed is my grandson.
Jen will be leaving soon for the doctor...I am eager to hear what they find. Maybe all this 'false labor' is actually achieving something. I hope so, for her sanity!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home