Friday, February 17, 2006

Thursday...

Well, Gymboree with Ryan was lots of fun. He has better balance and coordination than I would have given him credit for if I hadn't seen it myself. He can step up onto a low balance beam and walk across like its nothing, then drop to his knees and crawl across another beam. He also swings on a trapeze and drops into a bin of foam blocks, and bounces like crazy on the trampolines. He listens to Miss T. C. pretty well, but he easily ignores Grandma. There is another Ryan on the class who seems to have taken a liking to our Ryan. They sat beside each other during Circle Time and when we went over to the Big Gym. When class was over, I was putting Ryan's shoes back on in the coat room and he began flirting with a pretty blonde girl. He was very cute. I understand last week he tried to get this same girl's attention, but not in a nice way. He was a little nicer this week, he even waggled his fingers at her and said hello. Ryan had so much fun at the gym he didn't want to leave. I finally had to just put him in his carseat for the trip home. He wasn't happy with me at all. He didn't want to get out of the car once we got home...ah, two-year-olds. I remember his mother doing the exact same thing when she was his age. She used to frustrate me to tears. I thought the rule was HE tortured HER the same was SHE tortured ME. Anyway, by evening, he had forgiven me. I could tell because he was crawling all over me, giving me hugs and saying 'I gotchoo!' Tomorrow, we are going together to get our hair cut. I hope he cooperates!

Sweet Pea update: ongoing contractions that increase in occurrence and intensity, then stop. Mommy is suffering from a sinus infection, with facial pain, tooth pain and a sore throat. Topical remedies are providing small relief. She is off to the pharmacy to get a prescription for antibiotics. Keep her in your prayers. This is getting harder and harder... and the baby isn't even due for another 10 days!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Jen! Sinus infections can make you feel so miserable -- even when you're not nine months pregnant. I can only imagine how she feels.

Please tell her I hope she feels better very soon.

Love,
B

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home