Thursday
I didn't get too much done yesterday...I did spend some time sitting in the house next door while little Benjamin napped. His Mom had to run an urgent errand during his nap, so I used the time to catch up on my reading. Afterward I did the commissary shopping. That always takes much longer than it should. I called my parents' house before goinginto the building, and was surprised that my Dad was home. He'd had a medical appointment. I talked to him, he sounded very upbeat. I also talked to both my sisters and my Mom, then did my shopping. I stopped by Customer Service to see if the special order of baking soda we requested on Saturday had arrived. We were told it would be in by Tuesday, but someone would call when it arrived. Since it was Wednesday and I was there anyway, I decided to ask, just in case. Three different people asked 'did someone call you?' and acted like I was foolish to ask since no one had called. Then the warehouse worker arrived with my order. Hmmmm. Wonder how long it was sitting there?
Things to do today:
- Add water and alkaline (baking soda) to the pool
- 'dead-head' the lilies, roses, and petunias
- fertilize the vegetable garden and potted plants
- be ready for ALS Graduation Dinner by 6:00pm
Anybody else with big plans for the day?

5 Comments:
You had to special order baking soda?!
We wanted 40 boxes and taking them from the shelves would have cleaned them out. We were trying to be considerate of our fellow military shoppers...
ohhhh... well, that was very nice of you then. ;)
My poor marigolds have been demolished by the rainstorms...any suggestions?
Demolished as in beaten down by the rain or as in overwatered? If they are beaten down, try lifting the stems gently, removing excess water and debris to allow the free flow of air. If they are overwatered, the only thing you can do is make sure there is drainage and wait. I hope they brighten up soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home