Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bobby!

Those of you paying attention will notice more than one family birthday being celebrated today. Bobby is my brother Rob's son and, if my math is correct, is celebrating his twenty-third birthday. Joyeux Anniversaire, Robert! I hope you have a fabulous year!
Speaking of shared birthdays, I read an article in Reader's Digest years ago that discussed mathematical probability and coincidence. The one thing I remember from the article is that if you have a gathering of twenty-three (same as Bobs birthdays..) people chances are more likely than not that two will share a birthdate. I have checked this on several occasions and always come up with dual birthdays. Interesting, is it not? By the way, on both sides of my family there are two shared birthdays. Cousins Bobby and Paul are one, and mother and son Cathy and John are the other on my side. Brother-and-sister-in-law Bill and Linda share a date, and sister-in-law Sue and myself share the other on Tom's side.
Anybody out there have a birthday twin who is also a relative without being a true twin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home