Dining Out
Tonight we participated in a Dining Out with Tom's job. Dining 'out' means that people outside of the job , i.e. spouses, were invited. If it was only those who worked together, it would be called a 'Dining In.' Got that?
So, the tradition-laden event was held in a large, unheated, cement-floored building. Those attending were requested to bring water guns for full participation in the fun. The event had many rules to follow, and infractions were 'punished' by trips to the Grog Bowl. There were two Grog Bowls -- alcoholic and non-alcoholic, that had to be reached via an obstacle course. This is where the water guns came in...part of the obstacle was that your co-workers got you good and wet as you ran the course. Tom and one of the Majors demonstrated the approach to the Grog Bowl, so Tom was soaked all evening. Sadly, it got cold here tonight and my husband actually sat next to me and shivered during dinner. I've been married to him for thirty years and I can't recall another time that he shivered from the cold!
It was a fun event, in spite of the cold weather. I think most people managed to enjoy themselves, anyway. I still think next time they decide to use water guns, they should do it when the weather will be a little warmer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home