Sunday, November 12, 2006

Regarding the weekend:

  • Friday night's "ACES Night Out" was a bust. I don't know if the last-minute change of venue because the Club was closed for Veteran's Day had anything to do with it or not, but I got three 'sorry, I can't make its' and one 'oops, sorry, meant to come but forgot.' So Tom and I bowled a game together then went home. I'll try again, with some input from the group, next month.
  • Saturday morning, Tom and I went to a Veteran's Day ceremony in front of the courthouse downtown. Nice ceremony, fair turnout. Afterwards, we headed straight to Charleston for a theatre event we planned to see.
  • Stopped at Woodcraft -- where the parking lot was fuller than I have ever seen it. I read in the paper this morning that Woodcraft held a "turn-a-thon" to make pens for servicemembers overseas. Volunteers were there to show support for our men and women in uniform by making them a special handmade pen to write home with. How cool is that?
  • Stopped at the Gift Shop for the USS Yorktown, hoping to get a print of Rainbow Row for Kev and Geraldine. They had planned to buy it after the tour we took together while they were here, but the shop was closed by the time we got back. They didn't have it this time, so I will try again. I want to verify the size with them, just to be sure.
  • Toured Fort Moultrie, where it happened that Veterans and their families were admitted free on Veteran's Day. Nice tour, beautiful setting. I even learned a thing or two.
  • Grabbed a 'to go' dinner and went to Theater 99 to see the "Improv-a-thon." Very funny, and interesting to watch the minds work onstage. It was a fundraiser for the January Charleston Comedy Festival.
  • Today will be a day of getting things done at home. I have already signed about forty notes for inclusion in gift bags from ACES for future use. Tom wants to work in his garage, and I want to work in the gardens if the weather permits. It was raining when we got home last night...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joan --

Wow! You've done more in this weekend than I've done in the past month. Sounds like you had fun.

Love
B

1:40 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Most of it was fun, or at least enjoyable. Life with Tom is rarely boring, I can tell you!

1:57 PM  
Blogger One Tweet Thing said...

ditto that! Now remind me again what "ACES" stands for?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Association of Civil Engineer Spouses.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home