Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yucky day

Well, I think I made a mistake...I saved my errands for today, and the weather is complete crap. It is cold, overcast and raining. Many local schools and activities delayed opening today because of the possibility of icy roads. And I have to go to the base to handle some business, do some shopping and mail some packages.

Speaking of those packages, I have a question for the blogoshere: Has anyone else run into the following problem? I accepted one of those 'book deals' where 'every few weeks' I receive a new book, examine it for 14 days and decide to keep it or return it. Twice now, I have ended up with three books in my house, waiting for me to peruse them. There was one waiting for me when I got home after Christmas and two more arrived on the same day the following week. Between the books, shipping and handling, that's about $85 in merchandise. Where are the 'few weeks' between shipments?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed up for one of those! IT WAS A DISASTER! I ended up owing all this money and it was a pain. Now that I finally got it all resolved they are sending me emails that say "We WANT YOU BACK!"
Hardly.

I also am a member of BMG and I can't seem to respond to them either.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joan --

I got involved in a similar scheme. The way I handled it was to send an email to the MD State Attorney General's office registering a complaint. I sent a copy to the company involved. The company got back to me and straightened this "misunderstanding" out.

You can google your state's AG office to get an email address.

Hope this helps.

Love,
B

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home