What we did on MLK day...
Tom started the day cleaning his garage. I went outside in the gorogeous weather to get some yardwork done. I trimmed some branches from a small blooming tree and Tom decided to help me out with the ground cover around the edges of the gardens. I don't know the name of it, but it looks like thick blades of deep green grass and it grows black berries in the fall. I noticed that the gardeners at church trim these severely in winter. Last year, we didn't trim at all and they looked ragged most of the summer. Tom decided the easiest way to trim them was to use the weed whacker. It worked pretty well. Once he was done with that, he took off for the theater and I raked up the mess. I got three bags of debris! The lawns still need raking - some of our trees still have leaves on them! - so I guess I will have to get myself out there and get that done.
While he was gone, I got more Christmas stuff into boxes and ready to go to the attic. Most of it made it up, but Tom was getting tired, tripping on his own feet. I prefer NOT to hurt my husband with household chores so I suggested he might be done. He agreed when he realized '24' was coming on and we weren't going to finish last night. He's going back to the theater before he comes home from work tonight...and people think I was being silly when I decided to join the theatre company in SHAPE because I knew I'd never see him otherwise!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home