Saturday, January 06, 2007

IMs and emails

Interesting IM yesterday...totally unknown screen name sends the very polite message "Who are you please?" Since it was a polite request, I responded "Excuse me?" The sender explained that my screen name has been appearing on her AOL Buddy List as well as her husband's for months, but she has no idea who I am. Interesting. This is not a scam I have heard before, but I still wanted to be cautious. I told her I am female, married, living in SC. She is married and living in Ohio. We still had no idea, so I ask if she may know me because I am a military spouse. She responds that her son was in the Army and now works for the government...do I know the V** S's? Yes, I DO! They were all active with the Entertainment Centre in Belgium. Heck, young Annie played my granddaughter in "The Women" in June of 2004. The family used the grandparents' computer while visiting, so that must have been when my screen name was auto-added to their Buddy Lists. How much fun was that?

I also got an email from another friend from SHAPE yesterday. I haven't heard from my French class buddy in quite a while, but we do email once or twice a year. We have tried to get together since we are both back in the States, but it has not happened yet. Well, Karl has been reassigned to the DC area, and will be in Atlanta for a retirement ceremony in January. We're going to try to get together for a bit when they are on their way home. They will have 3 1/2 year old Lee with them, whom they adopted after they left Belgium. Karl is so proud of his son! I have several photos of the baby he has sent me since Lee arrived in their lives.

So those were the interesting things that happened to me yesterday. Today, Tom is off with the director of the next play at the Community Theater, discussing his designs for the set. He really enjoys doing this--it is a wonderful and challenging hobby for him. I am going to start de-Christmasing the house while he is gone.

Hope your Saturday is a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home