Friday, January 05, 2007

WARNING: rant ahead!

Issue: lost ATM card. I lost the card to the spouse's club account. There are two of us with cards. At branch office, I was told there had been no activity on the card and to call the '800' number to order a replacement. The man there asked TONS of questions, some I could not answer (what is the tax ID # of the account? I was at home, the info is kept at the office of the other cardholder.) Finally, because the card had NEVER been used, he asked me to provide a faxed copy of my signature. Having no fax machine at home, I asked if I could take the signed letter to the branch and have them fax it. "Oh, if you are going to the branch, they can handle this problem much more efficiently." When told I was instructed to call the 800 #, he agreed to handle the problem.

At the branch, the lady who helped me asked why I didn't just come to them in the first place. ARGH! She explained that they use 'floaters' -- people who work at different branches each day and sometimes don't do things the same way at each branch...hmmm. OK, since I already started the process with the 800 #, she'll just fax my letter for me, but in future, wait for her. She gave me her card.

The new card arrives at the mailing address, which is the office of the other cardholder. I get an email from her while I am visiting for Christmas -- the new card has arrived in HER name! How did THAT happen? She tells me she is going to let me handle the issue since it was my problem in the first place. I agree and call the bank. The woman I need to speak to is not in and won't be in until after the weekend. I finally remembered to call back yesterday. She was with another customer, so I left a message for her to call me. She called me back today. The card that was issued replaces the other cardholder's first card (the one that WASN'T lost in the first place). The other cardholder needs to start using the new card and destry the old one. If she has any problems, just come into the branch and they will fix it. My card is still listed as lost with no action taken for replacement. WHAT?! Seriously, if this had been strictly by phone I could almost understand the mistake since the other woman and I share the same first name--but they insisted on a letter with my signature to confirm the request! Then they send the card for the wrong cardholder? How stupid and annoying is that? Now I get to wait another ten to fifteen business for a new card. Grrrr!

Thank you. I feel better now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is VERY irritating. I lost my credit card a few days ago and am dreading getting it replaced. What a pain.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awful saga. I've only lost one credit card in my life -- but of course it just HAD to be my CORPORATE card! Not only was it a major pain, but I was also very embarrassed.

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas with your family. BTW: HAPPY NEW YEAR

Love,
B

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home