Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So I finally...

...managed to see a doctor. Not MY doctor, but a doctor nonetheless. I couldn't schedule an appointment with MY doctor because her appointments were listed as 'active duty only' for the rest of the week. Yes, the rest of the week. Even the appointment scheduler said he had never seen that before...and I have to wonder why I wasn't told this when I called yesterday.
Anyway, if I wanted to see a doctor, they could send me downtown. There the doctor found I do not have strep and my lungs are fine. However, since I've been coughing and had a sore throat for a month he says something is going on. He prescribed an antibiotic, an inhaler and a cough medicine with codeine. While I was at the base waiting for the prescription to be filled, I went to the ACES closet and made up a few Goodie Bags to have on hand for departing personnel. Then I took inventory of needed supplies and did the shopping at the Commissary.
Afterward I went to K-Mart to spend some of our 'budget overage' for the spouse's group. I got lots of hand-held games, some packaged nuts, and some surprises to stuff into Easter eggs for our upcoming Egg Hunt. That's my day so far! How's your goin'?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joan --

Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. On the bright side, the cough medicine with codeine will not only knock out the cough, it will make you not care that you are sick! Hope you feel better soon.

Love,
B

7:09 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Hey, B, thanks for the good wishes...the truth is, I haven't been feeling badly enough to go to the doctor! I realized that a month was too long to have even a minor sore throat and decided I needed professional help. I made that decision on a Friday, so I had to wait the weekend, and of course it got worse! I was busy all day, though, so not too much worse for the wear!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home