Day Five--The Music Man
Started the day by going by Ken's house (remember, he is the set designer for the play) to pick up some power tools and transport them to the theater in Tom's truck. Tom lets me use the truck when it will help the theater...anyway, we met David at the theater, who was there to help paint. He is primarily an actor and hasn't done scene-painting before but he wanted to help out. Turns out he is pretty good--quick, and he follows instructions well. We did a 'graining' technique on all the library flats with two different colors. Then we did the same thing to the parts of the flat that represent the sides of the shelves. At this point, we lost David--he had to go do some other things. Ken and I finshed the day applying a dark 'wash' to the flats. So now all the flats look like they have 'depth.'
This is a good thing.
Ken is working tomorrow, buiding some flats for other scenes. I am not going in as he is working in the morning while his mother is at church. I will be at church, too. We start again Monday.
It was a productive day. I know because my shoulder muscles ache.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home