Christmas Shopping
Since Tom is going to be neck deep (and believe me, those are not the words he used) in the upcoming play at the Community Theater for the next weeks, he asked if we could do our Christmas shopping yesterday. We did. We got a lot done, too, in spite of the week-before-Christmas weekend crowds. Christmas shopping is getting harder and harder--I think my brother's theory has merit. We are all of an age that we have enough money that, if we want somethng, we go get it. No need to 'save up' or do without...so gift buyers are faced with a real dilemma. I know I have been. I've been calling everyone, asking for hints or straight out ideas. They are having the same problems. But we will still enjoy our time with the families--that's really what it is all about.
Oh, and I have been getting Christmas greetings from some friends from far away. I'm so glad to hear from them, and I think it is wonderful they keep in touch after all this time! Two recent messages came from folks in Louisiana. We left there in 2001--and only lived there about two years! One is a former co-worker, the other a couple who shared usher duties with Tom at church. They had a group called SNUG-Saturday Night Usher's Group. Once a month we'd all go out to dinner together. Almost all the other members were retirees, but we enjoyed ourselves in their company. Mary Ann and Ed send a card every Christmas. Gena, my former co-worker, emails every Christmas. I love it. I also got a card from a Book Club friend I met in Belgium. Meri and her hubby now live in Florida and I love reading what they are up to and how they are getting along.
Y'all take care of yourselves--and call an old friend you haven't contacted in a while. Reconnecting is such fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home