Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Since we got back...

...I have felt overwhelmed with all I have to do. Tom asked me to make the phone calls to arrange for different entities at the base to come and give a 'pre-deployment briefing' to the spouses at the Squadron Farewell Picnic being held on Wednesday. That means I had yesterday to catch up with these people and ask to be put on their schedules for the very next day. Do you know every single one agreed? I expected to hear that it was the last minute and we sure had a nerve waiting so long and expecting miracles, but that did not happen at all. We had people there from the Airman and Family Readiness Center, from the Chapel, from Mental Health and from the Family and Life Counseling Office. All that, and ONE spouse came....I guess a Wednesday afternoon is not the best time to get folks to come to the base for a briefing, even if it is couched with a picnic.
While I was making those phone calls, I completely forgot to make the calls regarding our upcoming move. I did some of that today. I still have to call the insurance company and the Property Management people...and I have two doctors' appointments tomorrow, I need to get an oil change for my car, and the play at the theatre opens tomorrow evening.
Speaking of the play, we were reviewed tonight. I sure hope the reviewer liked it. It is a good show, although there were a few rough spots tonight. Fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home