What's goin' on...
Not much. Tom is very busy getting the house ready for the 'wedding reception/welcome to the family' party we are having so those members of the family that could not come to the wedding can offer their good wishes. He has been refurbishing the basement Family Room with insulation, drywall and a new ceiling. Not to mention all the new wiring he has been doing, too. I'm guessing I'd better get myself busy with the rest of the house....
I took a lasagne dinner to Mom and Dad this week. Mom hasn't been feeling too well and Dad makes very basic meals, so I brought dinner with me when I went to spend an evening. I really just brought the lasagne. Mom and Dad took care of the salad and bread. Tom didn't come with because he wanted to get some work done at home. See above. The evening with Mom and Dad turned out nicely, though.
I have a few details to follow up on today. I still am waiting for a referral for an oncologist. It is getting ridiculous. I did get one referral from the base--they sent me to an oncologist that specializes in hematology--that is, blood cancers. His office (naturally) refused to schedule me because he can't really help me. So, after the wedding and Christmas, I called the insurance company. The woman I spoke to was appalled at the error, but explained that I need to call my Primary Care Manager to request a proper referral. I did. She put in a request and told me I could pick up the paperwork in three days. I went in to the base to get it and was told it was being mailed to me. That was three weeks ago. I hate this, I really do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home