Farmer's Market...almost
Our town has a Farmer's Market on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Through email communication, Jen and I decided to go together, perhaps right at the opening time of 11:00am because Jen had a meeting at her house starting at 12:00. Jen said she'd call me today. I was going to take Lily during the meeting anyway, so when she didn't call, I went over to her place at 10:55. Jen said I was earler than she expected...and I said 'no Farmer's Market today, then?' She had forgotten in her preparations for the meeting, but she decided she did want to go. So she encouraged Lily to finish eating, got her dressed--but Lily was fussy and crying when she came downstairs. I asked her what was wrong, and she said her tummy hurt. This is unusual for Lily, so I hugged and comforted her, and as soon as Mommy came downstairs, Lily went to her. And threw up. Poor little mite...
Jen started jumping through hoops to take care of Lily and let those attending her meeting that there was a sick child in the house. She gave Lily some Sprite and some Tylenol. After several phone conversations, the group decided to meet at a local restaurant instead, and I stayed with Lily. She watched some TV shows for a bit, then wanted to play with Grandma. She seemed to be feeling a little better, if not 100%. We played with her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, built some puzzles, and used Grandma as a jungle gym. By the time Mommy got back, Lily was up and running to the door to greet her. I think they stayed in and did the 'recovery' thing this afternoon, but things look good for her being better by tomorrow. Perhaps we will go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday.

1 Comments:
I *almost* made it again today. I went over right after the game this morning, but they were closing up shop:-( This Tuesday I am going!
Post a Comment
<< Home