Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lazy blogger

I haven't blogged since Linda came to visit! Her visit was lovely - she brought a housewarming gift of a red, white and blue planter with an American flag in it. Gorgeous! So thoughtful. Tom cooked us some delicious steaks, we had baked potato, asparagus and a spinach salad. Yummy. It was a lovely evening, and I enjoyed every minute.
During the time Linda was here, we were caring for our 'grand-dogger' (a term coined by my mother) Lucy. Lucy's humans--T.J. and Jodi--took a trip to San Diego for the wedding of the Maid of Honor from their wedding. Kassidy was married in San Diego. From there, T.J. and Jodi took their own wedding trip to Hawaii. It sounds like a lovely trip, and they returned here just exhausted from all the fun. Lucy was happy to have them back and went home with them eagerly. She was very good while we had her, and we tend to enjoy her company. It is really nice for me, because Tom does all the 'work' involved in having her, and I get to just enjoy her.
THe day after Lucy went home, we met the daughters of our friends Kev and Geraldine in NYC. Kirsty and Adele had been there for a few days by the time we got there. They said they were having a great time. We walked through a street market together, having a gyro from a street vendor for lunch. Why do I continue to do that? I *hate* trying to eat while standing up, with no place to put my drink and trying to manipulate food with one hand and a napkin with another--and no hand for my drink! I think the girls were just as uncomfortable, although the food was good. After lunch, we walked down to Central Park. Along the way, Tom and Kirsty spotted a wild raccoon in the parkland beside the walkway. They both tried to get photos, but we think Tom probably was the most persistant. He told the girls he would share -- it was their first raccoon! We had to turn around as soon as we got to the Park in order to get back to the theatre to see "Mary Stuart." Interesting play--the women wore period dress and the men wore suits. The first question from the girls when the play was over was 'Why?' I had read the review and knew that it 'emphasized the isolation of the women.' We walked a people-watched for a bot before dinner, which we had at Ruby Tuesday. Kirsty tasted her first lobster, as did Adele. Kirsty liked it. Adele did not. After dinner, we shopped at Toys 'R' Us and the MTV Store and did some more people-watching. Then we had to head off to our bus. We left the girls in Times Square because the shops were closing and there really wasn't anything for them to see where we met our bus. It was a lovely visit.
My sisters Janet and Cathy came over on Tuesday of this week, to work on our Father's Day goft for our Dad. I don't think Dad reads the blog, but I am still keeping it a secret, just in case! I will say we really enjoyed the project and shared a lot of laughs together. Looking forward to giving it to Dad. We think Mom will like it, too.
And tonight, Tom came back from behind in a game of Scrabble and beat me with a seven-letter word on a triple word score, using the last of his letters! The word was 'bronzes' and scored 122 points!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home