The business/financial world is making me crazy today....
1) The MVA does not give refunds on vehicle registrations that have less than a year left on them. So, even though the collision that totaled the truck was someone else's fault and we have 48 weeks left to the year, the State of Maryland keeps our money.
2) "Bait and Switch" at Walmart. Tom sent me there to have some pictures developed. There was a sign on two of the photo-printing computers - "15 cents per print for 100 or more prints." However, "those machines are broken." The only machines available charge 47 cents per print...
Also, an item in a bin marked '.97' rang up as 1.97. Check the sign on the bin - it was the wrong item in the bin. *This* item sells for $1.97.
3) Finally, I received a check in the mail from our mortgage company. When I called to get a pay-off amount, the clerk was very specific that I needed to mail the check for the amount she gave me that very day. Otherwise, I might receive a bill later for .28. What? They would bill me for an amount less than the cost of the postage to send the bill? OK, I sent it that very day. Today, I got the refund check from the payoff and funds left in the escrow account. That check is over $400.00 more than the amount I sent as the payoff!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home