As requested
I finally have access to the pictures of the house to upload to the blog. Keep in mind that the pictures were taken before we moved in. Ergo, any furniture, potted plants, flags, et cetera moved with the previous owners. I did love the way it was decorated, but I like what we've done, too. And it will only get better the longer we live here.
This is the view of the back of the house from the yard. Notice the hexagon-shaped windows? There are four of them--one in each bathroom and another in the kitchen. I like them, but they are difficult to decorate/treat. I used window clings at Christmas, but that only works when you can get approriate ones...Any suggestions?
Sorry it isn't a better view. The pool is a simple, above-ground affair with a small deck there on the right. In summer, the water temperatures were in the 90s. Ask me how much I love that!
No one asked about the living room, but I included this picture because I like it! Oddly enough, we actually have two blue wing chairs similar to the ones you see here...and I placed them exactly the same way after trying them in other locations and not liking it. If I look like a total copycat--c'est la vie!





4 Comments:
Very cute house! (as for the chairs, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!) I'm very jealous of your 90 degree pool.
Your rain is coming up here as snow. humrph.
Please remember the 90 degree pool is that temperature in summer. Right now, the water temp is about 52.
We like the house, too. It has been OK when we have guests, too.
Sorry about your snow, I'll take the rain, thank you very much. I can't imagine what these Southern drivers are like with that stuff! The folks in Louisiana couldn't handle it -- I still remember the lady whose car slid on a slippery uphill slope on a bridge. She put the car in 'park' right where it was and walked off the bridge! Gah!
I love it! :) I especially love the chair rail molding in the living room and the fireplace. In fact, I am very very jealous of both.
I *really* like the fireplace, too...but I was disturbed to learn from the previous owner that the while paint covered OAK. They had cherry furniture and it didn't go, so they painted it! I'll be leaving it white, but would love to see it in the original wood.
Post a Comment
<< Home