Friday, January 20, 2006

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

We got news yesterday that made me sad. A couple we know is planning to divorce. It came as such a shock! We were completely ignorant of any problem, which makes me feel badly, likeI wasn't a good friend. After hearing that yesterday, I started thinking about all the couples we know who have divorced. Its not pretty. Sometimes I feel so responsible! Like somehow being friends with me affected the marriage. Arrogant, isn't it? It seems like most of our close friends have divorced. That's not true, but it feels that way sometimes. I know it isn't fair, but a part of me sees divorce as 'giving up.' I know if you aren't happy together, separation is probably best, but that mindset is still there. I'd love to know the ratio of 'military' divorces compared to 'civilian.' I wonder if we are really more susceptible due to the lifestyle or if we are just a part of the general population. I know for sure I don't want to become part of the statistic.

On the upside, I got the sweetest email from Tom last night, telling me he is glad I have stayed married to him and asking me to be his Valentine. I'm so blessed and he is so sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home