Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday

It's Wednesday morning and my only plans for the day include taking the trash to the dump and going to the gym. Both are necessary evils, in my humble opinion...

I got the kitchen cabinets oiled yesterday, and like the result. It is amazing the difference a slight gloss makes! More to do today...

Tom went back to work Tuesday after a 'long weekend' during which he actually got a lot of work done. Twelve+ hours later, he was home again. He goes in a half hour early to avoid the back-up at the gate caused by the recent closing of one of the entrances. He stays half an hour late to provide time for anyone who wants a word with him without a lot of witnesses to do so. Last night, someone took advantage of that opportunity, followed by another Chief who was also working late. I had emailed to ask what time to plan dinner. He responded '6:30.' At 6:58 he sent another email saying someone had just left, he had two emails to send and he would be on his way home. So much for planning... He really likes this job, but he was also exhausted. He did take a nighttime formula sinus medicine when he got home, and actually went to bed at 10:30. I stayed up to watch Michael J. Fox on Boston Legal, followed by the news and Jay's monologue. When I went in, Tom didn't seem able to get comfortable. The poor guy was spinning like a dervish! When he left this morning, he said he eventually slept fairly well. I hope that's true..sleep has been elusive for him of late.

Not too interesting, but that is my life today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

i obviously dont mean to rub this in but i got the first decent nights sleep last night since i've been back in huds!
i spoke to jen today as well
that was nice.
hope you are well.
xx

11:07 AM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Question: what is 'huds'?

Tom doesn't begrudge anyone else a good night's sleep, he'd just like one or two himself!

How great that you got to talk to Jen! I know she has visited your blog a few times, too. Take care.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

its short for huddersfield, where i live.

nothing in particular happened today, just friends taking me for granted, i get annoyed. i go out of my way to make things easier for him and he show no appreciation!

it'll be fine.

:D

did jen tell you about plans for the summer?
xx

7:44 PM  
Blogger One Tweet Thing said...

Tell him I feel his pain. My friends' that I am staying with during the bathroom construction are wonderful, but the futon is not. Poor Dave and I are very crabby.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberly, no, I haven't talked to Jen. So what's up?

Christina, I'll tell him. I hope construction goes quickly for you. Have you considered an air mattress?

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home