Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Party's Over...

What a nice evening! Stephen was a lovely guest-- friendly, conversant, appreciative. All the cooking went well; there was no burned or undercooked food. This might not sound like a big deal, but trust me, it is. I enjoyed the visit very much. I hope our guest did, too.
Later in the evening, we got a call from Gary - a friend from Belgium! Well, he's not Belgian, but we met him and his family there. They were active at the theatre, too, and we really like the whole family. Gary is an airplane mechanic and he is currently attending a school in Georgia. We are going to call him on Thursday to set up a meeting. We haven't decided if we will go there or if he will come here, but we are going to get together one way or the other. I'm so pleased! I only wish we could see his family, too...but employers usually don't send the family along when they send someone to school. They'd be bored all day while he was in class, anyway. So Gary will have to fill us in on everything they have been doing since we left.
Tom says we have plans on Friday...but he hasn't told me what they are. I wonder if it is something I should know--like Dolly Parton is going to be performing nearby and we have front row seats or something like that. Anyway, it looks like our weekend will be an active one. Hee!

1 Comments:

Blogger One Tweet Thing said...

ohhhh, I love surprise plans!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home