Friday, May 19, 2006

Electricity outage

I woke up this morning to a total lack of electricity in my home. This happened to my neighbor two days ago. Her problem was that her bill didn't arrive last month and she didn't notice. No payment was made, so the electric company turned off her power. I guess in South Carolina a second notice is not necessary...anyway, I started wondering if I had missed a payment. The answer is NO, I did not. I called Tom to verify there was electricity this morning when he left for work. There was. He mentioned that he guessed I wouldn't be making chile for the going away lunch for one of his co-workers this afternoon. Not without electricity! So I went to the neighbor's. No power there, either. She had already called the electric company and learned they were working on it. The only thing to do was go home and wait. I took my book and sat on the swing by the pool. It was so nice! I was a little disappointed when the power came back on. I came inside, intending to email Tom that the power was on; I got distracted (which happens really easily these days) and forgot. He called me instead. Since the power was on, he reminded me about the chile...I couldn't make it from scratch, but I did open several jars of Bush's Homestyle and heat them up. So they got chile at the lunch after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger One Tweet Thing said...

hmmm, I've always thought it was spelled chili...I wonder if its a regional thing?

3:53 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

I actually questioned that spelling in my head when I typed it. I didn't bother to look it up. I have now, and have learned that the peppers used in the recipe may be spelled either way, but it seems the concoction of beans, meat, peppers and spices is, indeedm spelled 'chili.' My sisters will be so pleased with you, Christina, that you caught me in a spelling error! ;)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home