Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's Tuesday!



We had a really heavy rainstorm two nights ago. The storm blew in fast and hard--my flower box was blown off the deck railing before we were aware a storm was coming! The wind also blew over our grill and blew up our doormat.
In this picture, I was trying to capture the severity of the storm...I guess falling rain is a difficult thing to capture...you can see the stream of water from the roof, and maybe a few highlighted raindrops but not much else.











In other news, Tom has been working hard to get the pool into shape for the summer season. It has proven difficult, and we had to call in the professionals. We took some water in for analysis, did what we were told, and still had cloudy, turqoise water. I took in another sample and Tom followed more instructions. Now we have a cloudy aqua color...time for more analysis!
Finally, here is a shot of the blooming gardenia bush. It smells heavenly when you walk past. I think I inherited my love of gardenia blossoms from my mother, who got it from her father. I am going to try to propagate a plant from this one to take to Mom. I think she'll like having a smaller one than the one that used to take up the whole patio in the summer!
I did take a picture of the Cowhorn pepper, but it isn't very good. I'm off to try again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

pretty flowers :-)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home