Alberto's influence
What is it, anyway, a Tropical Storm, a Tropical Depression? Whatever, it has brought us lots of rain the past two days. All the plants are very happy with the natural moisture and the grass seems to have grown inches overnight. I wonder if those obnoxious moles that have been making their home in our yard drowned? The raised areas where they make their tunnels seem not to be raised anymore... The pool is overflowing and there are a few more leaves in it than usual.
The vegetable garden is none the worse for the wind, and it looks like we are finally getting some zucchini started and the yellow tomatoes are turning yellow. The cucumber and squash are not yet producing, nor is the cantaloupe. We have two bell peppers that are almost ready to pick, and an abundance of jalapeno and banana peppers. Even the gypsy peppers are getting big, and one cowhorn pepper is turning red. I used a jalapeno, banana and a gypsy pepper in last night's fajita dinner. Tom said none of them had any heat to them, but I found my lips burning afterward.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home