Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Latest "I Hate Hamlet" photos

You can see the details coming together. The vista throught the 'window' was in the process of being painted as I took the photo. Do you like the 'throne'? Tom modeled it after the one from Arthur's 'Camelot.'
More details completed on the bannisters. More to do.... The suit of armor was loaned by a liquor store!


This week I have spent several 10 hours + days at the theater, mostly painting and attending rehearsals. One helper was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't be arriving until noon the day she wanted to come in to paint. She likes to get started early - like 7:30. She doesn't realize that once I am there, I am there. I forgot to get the key from Tom, so I called her that morning to let her know I would be late. "Oh, that's OK, I wasn't going to come in until 1:00 anyway." Great. Then why was I rushing to get there at noon for you? I didn't ask...she really doesn't know that I have more responsibilities than the painting.
The sound cues are still proving to be a problem, as the cue sheet provided by the Play People is not right at all. I don't get that...surely there would have been complaints before now? Anyway, someone - likely ME -- will have to find the time to sit down with a script and the recording and decide which sound works with which cue, create a cue sheet and include the timing. Then I guess a new CD will have to be burned...maybe? I don't know how these things are handled....
I don't think we have a tech crew. I have asked, but the question gets pushed aside... I hope it's not just Tom and me on Opening Night! Tom did tell the director he has NO contacts in the local area. We both assumed she would know people who would do lights and sound, and be on the crew. There isn't TOO much set work: only one major change and some additions in the next scene, so we don't need a LOT of people. One or two would be really helpful, though. Seriously. We open next week. I'm getting nervous.


1 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

Wow! Lots of progress. Maybe if I got to spend 10 hours at a time I'd be done painting right now. Oh well, I love my little distractions. I hope you are still having fun with it.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home