Stage Management...
is going to be a challenge. I am supposed to 'call' the show. That means I use a radio to tell the tech crew there is a special effect coming up, then I cue them when to actually DO the effect (either light or sound or movement). The script arrived with a CD and a cue chart. The cue chart is totally screwed up--the sounds do NOT match the part of the script they are supposed to. The director (a lovely 78 year old woman) blames the CD player. It is new and she doesn't understand how to work it. During a break, I listened to all the sounds and learned most of them, but not all of them, are off by one CD track (#2 should be #3, #3 should be #4, you get the idea). Now I have to find time to sit down and decide which cue will be for which sound. Some of the cues are really long -- too long, in my opinion. It doesn't take 20 seconds to make an entrance! The good thing we learned is that, although the cue sheet says #20 is the 'dance', it is actually #21. This is a HUGE relief, as we had been using BOTH (thinking something was wrong, but not glomming onto the error) and it just didn't work. During tonight's rehearsal, we used only the correct music, and it worked really well. I don't think it will have to be cut after all. Man, I hope I get in some practice at this job, before the actual shows~

1 Comments:
Wow, sound like it is going to be quite interesting. If that lady can't work a cd player don't let her near a computer!
Post a Comment
<< Home