Monday meanderings...
Lots to catch up on with the play ending...
Our ACES Easter Egg Hunt is coming up, and I needed to shop for prizes. Another member offered to go with me, after 3:00pm (because she is a teacher) and on a Monday or Friday (because that fits her schedule). Of those choices, MY schedule only allowed yesterday, so off we went. Some of it was really difficult--we wanted wrapped candy to put into the plastic eggs--and most of what is available for Easter is chocolate, which would melt if it were too warm on the day of the hunt. Last year it was over 80 degrees... We did find some wrapped jelly beans and then went with non-Easter-themed candies. I don't think the kids will really care. We also found some toys, which won't fit into the eggs. We'll put 'tickets' into the eggs and the kids will be able to claim their prizes from the Prize Table. Lisa suggested we just use a couple of colors for the tickets, and allow the kids to chose from groups of items. I disagree--too many choices makes for major problems with large groups of children. Some kids just cannot make a decision at all, others will take a really long time. Others will get upset if something they wanted is claimed by another child. Any mother has experience with this; I would have expected a teacher to have similar experiences. I really think each item needs it's own identifier on the tickets, even if we just use the name of the item. Truthfully, we will never be able to please everyone.
I also have lots of housework to catch up on, and my MIL is visiting next week. Busy, busy, busy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home