Bits 'n' Pieces
- I did it! It's only the fourth performance, and I managed to hit ALL my sound cues just right! Of course, I still have a problem getting the curtain pulled on time, but that is another story involving the lack of radioes and communication with my crew.....anyway, I am so pleased I finally managed to do the show properly. Next weekend, we have four more performances, and I am hoping to get them all right, too.
- I was a bit concerned when I got to the theater and realized I had left both my cell phone and my wallet home. I use the clock on the cell phone and my license is in the wallet. I borrowed Tom's phone and had no need for the license, so all was well. We did have a minor emergency during the intermission: as we were waiting for the crewmember to return and tell us the audience was back in their seats, one of the actors noticed that a picture hanging on the wall was not right. I had to remove my radio, rush across the stage as quietly as possible and fix it. I don't know who put it up, but it was there with a balled-up piece of tape stuck onto the screw head, I guess hoping the tape would be strong enough. It did not hold and the picture was wedged against the wall by the one below it. I didn't ask about it because by the time I got back, the entire set crew (both of them) was there watching what I was doing so whoever tried it knows it doesn't work.
- Last night, when we opened the curtain on Act II , where the set is all dressed up and pretty, there was a 'wow!' from someone in the audience. Sylvia, who opens the curtain says she hears a collective intake of breath every show at that point. But this afternoon? The audience actually applauded! How cool is that?
- Yesterday, the actor who played Andrew came to the theater limping. He had thrown out his knee while helping a friend move earlier in the day. He was in a lot of pain during his sword fight rehearsal. He needed first aid, so I got him some ice, Sylvia ran home and got an ice-pack, some Icy Hot ointment, and a heating pad, and Paige went to the store and bought an ACE bandage and more Icy Hot. Are we a helpful crew, or what? He handled the show pretty well, and I think only those of us who know how he usually behaves would have noticed.
- Today, we drew names among the cast and crew for 'gag gifts' at the Cast Party on the day of the final show. I want to try to find something that would be funny without being mean--I have a woman's name, and we can be so sensitive sometimes!
- It was still light out when we came out of the theater after the matinee today. It seemed so wrong, somehow! I actually cooked and am planning to cook again tomorrow. Tom won't know what to think.
- Tom has been trying to squeeze in as much work at home as possible. He was raking leaves yesterday, and today he pulled the wooden garden edging that the termite inspector suggested we remove and took it to the dump on his way to the theater. Tonight he is cleaning his garage, which was pretty deep in sawdust from his work for the theater.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home