Friday Night Show
Things went pretty well, although I still allowed the second sound cue to go off prematurely! I have a HUGE note in my book now, so perhaps I won't miss it tonight. I practiced several ways of doing the two close sound cues, and managed to do them fairly well. All the rest went off just fine.
There was one problem with an actor losing part of his costume (Barrymore's tights!) and the newbie stage hand went and got the costume lady out of the audience to come solve the problem. This is a no-no. One does not enter the theater once the show has begun. This problem should have been brought to ME and I was responsible to solve it, or so I was told by the Props Mistress. I told her I would have panicked, too. She said "Yes, but what would you have done?" I would have sent HER to go locate the tights! She said that was exactly right. Anyway the tights were found and the actor did not have to perform naked. The poor costume lady missed the first act AGAIN, and this time her mother and sister were there, too. I hope Marge eventually gets to SEE the show!
Today, after Tom raked the front lawn and I helped him bag the debris, we went to Columbia for the Annual Crafts Show. There were some wonderful things there, and Tom has been inspired to try some new things.
We leave for tonight's performance in about an hour. I hope I can get things right tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home