Set dressed for Act II
The arched window seat...I added 'glass' and 'lead' today. I will try to do six-inch panes tomorrow before the show. Also notice the lovely pillow on the throne with added tassels.
Not a very good picture, but it shows the final product, all dressed up instead of being draped.
The fireplace, looking all spiffy.
Doorway to kitchen, and the front door. I will try to get better photos with the lights on...it is really hard because the set crew starts preparing for the next show immediately after the curtain.
These are the candles Tom 'lights' on cue...the flicker, too! So cool.
The program has a lovely tribute to service members from Shaw AFB and specifically mentions Tom and me in the notes from the director. It was very sweet. There is a newspaper article in "The Item" which mentions us, also. That article makes us sound indispensible... and we all know they got along just fine without us for years.Tonight's rehearsal went well; the invited audience seemed to enjoy it very much. I missed one cue completely (noone noticed), and another was so quick there was no way I could have done it -- the actor was quicker tonight than ever before, and I don't think the CD player will allow that quick a change in tracks. I will try practicing tomorrow before the show to see if I can do it.
Speaking of doing the sound, Tom set it all up very nicely for me -- he wired the CD palyer through the theater's speakers, so I can run sound just like I did in the rehearsals. I have a second deck for the 'commercial' we made using our actor's voice, which allows a much faster scene change because I do not have to wait for it to cue up. We got lots of compliments after the show...I hope we can continue to do a good job.
Thanks for the good wishes, Jen!

2 Comments:
Dear Joan --
So tonight's the big night! All I can say is break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg!!!!!
Love,
B
Dear Joan --
So tonight's the big night! All I can say is break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg, break a leg!!!!!
Love,
B
Post a Comment
<< Home