Sunday, February 25, 2007

I forgot my camera!

I left it behind when we left the theater at midnight last night, so no pictures until next post. Tom says we are leaving early (read: on time) tonight, no matter what. We both need sleep. Tom ran into a fellow airman he was in the IG with at Langley the other night...the guy has been here three months, but been on the base 12 days. He travels A LOT for his job, and the family is in Florida. Tom wants to have him over for dinner Monday. I have an ACES metting Monday, so I guess they can catch up while I'm out.

The set is coming together, now all we need is the techncial stuff! Tom was having terrible problems with the lighting last night. Nothing was working like it was supposed to - one fixture shorted out on him. He's hoping to have it licked by today. I MUST sit myself down and write up cue sheets for the show - light, sound and stage crew. We are also having problems with the stage flooring. During the renovation, the padding on the floor was replaced, but with substandard materials. Sadly, the theater acceoted the stuff, so the is no recourse with the contractor... The top layer of the stuff breaks and peels away just from walking too hard on it. Our show has a sword fight that really tears it up! Underneath is a cardboard melange that is just a mess. No fixes we have tried have worked. Tom tried sealing it with ployurethane last night. It that doesn't hold up through rehearsal today, he will suggest luan panels. It is a royal mess and taking far too much time! I should post photos....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home