Sunday, February 25, 2007

More photos

Here is the throne in the workshop, just after I finished staining it. Prepared for rehearsal of Act I. Notice how torn up the floor is?
Some Medieval accoutrements to dress the stage.
Preparing to make wood look like wood.....
Here it is with the graining done. We finished with a coat of polyurethane for shine. It's real purty!


Tonight, Tom finally took the bull by the horns and told our director the best way to handle our deteriorating floor problem is to cover it with luan. Unfortunately, we needed about 20 sheets and our local Lowes only had seven.. Tom installed those seven, and another he had in the workshop. I will have to go to big city tomorrow for the rest of the wood and have it ready for Tom when he arrives after work tomorrow.
Today's rehearsal went well as far as my job went. The sound cues went off very well -- I finally got hold the original disc from the theatre company, and it plays the cues perfectly, in order. The copy that was made somehow got totally screwed up, with cues out of order. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure that out when I should have known better. Anyway, now all we need is a sound person for the show. There is no way one person can do lights and sound. There are too many similtaneous occurrences of both!
Tech rehearsal tomorrow and Tuesday, Dress with an audience Wednesday and Opening Night Thursday. Nerves, nerves, nerves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home