The Weekend!
Last night, we went to Columbia to see Tick Tick Boom! It is the story of Jonathan Larson, the author of Rent, and his efforts to break into musical theater. I think I may have enjoyed it a bit more than Tom--during some of the more emotional (read quiet) songs, he was examining the architecture and crunching his ice.
Today, Tom is busily working in the gardens, emptying the pool to prepare it for the new season, and generally doing home maintenance. I have a batch of cookies in the oven (sorry, T, these aren't intended for you...I'm baking yours tomorrow), the dishwasher is running, the cookie mess is mostly cleaned up, and a load of laundry is in...we're having a productive day! Later, I am going to an ACES meeting where we will have a Pot Luck snack then pack 'mid-tour' packages for our deployed folks. We will also discuss the next ACES Night Out, which will be pizza and wings at someone's home followed by bowling. We were planning to stuff the plastic eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt next week, but a member and her husband have volunteered to handle that for us. Isn't that great? I have another engagement, so I will likely be unable to attend the Hunt, so it is noce to know that other ACES members will step up and take charge.
Tonight we are headed to Charleston to see another play--Butterflies are Free. We are hoping to be able to do some shopping while we are there. There is a wood store Tom is anxious to visit and I am hoping to find a suitable print a Rainbow Row for our friends. When they were here, they chose one at a gift shop near the USS Yorktown. We planned to pick it up when we returned from our tour of the ship...but the Gift Shop closed before the ship museum did! Not good marketing strategy, in my opinion.
I still have to load all the egg hunt prizes, boxes, my Pot Luck contribution, cookies, cups, plates and napkins into the car, so I'd better go.
Happy Saturday!

2 Comments:
It is ok mom I know not every cookie can go to me. You and dad soud busy I don't know how you do it. I am still safe happy and healthy and awaiting cookies.
Love
T.J.
::chuckle::
Post a Comment
<< Home