Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wow! I've been away a while....

Funny how time passes so quickly when you are busy. We headed north for a visit with Jen and her family for the weekend. While we were there we celebrated Lily's first birthday. We had a wonderful time! Lily was so cute--she warmed up to Tom and I really quickly, which surprised me because we have not seen her since Christmas. For the first time in history (I think) a baby bypassed Tom and came to me! I was very touched and Tom took pleasure from that, so it was win-win. She still likes her Grandpa, too. Jen noticed that when Tom left the room, Lily made the same sound, "Gah!" We think it means either "Granpa!" or "Come Back!"





We gave Lily a learning puppy and a Princess Ball (a bouncy ball with a picture of Disney's Cinderella). She liked both, but really had a good time with that ball. Jen had suggested that since the boys got annoyed when she played with their balls. She wanted one they wouldn't be pleased to be seen using. Personally, I don't think they cared, but it is definitely Lily's ball.

The Princess Ball and the Learning Puppy.

Lily's birthday cake, decorated by Grandma.

Lily climbs onto Grandma's lap.

Grandma gets a snuggle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

Hee- I was just going to post Lily's party pictures, but Blogger won't let me sign on. I love the one with Lily giving you snuggles.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so sweet when she did that -- I wasn't expecting it at all. She sure knows how to endear herself to Grandma!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home